To join a Short-Term Delegation, fill out an Application Form below, or contact the CPT office to request that one be sent to you:
CPT has limited funds available to assist applicants who otherwise couldn't participate. CPT is committed to undoing racism and will give preference to funding assistance applicants from communities which have been disadvantaged by racism.
Fill out forms and send to:
CPT, PO Box 6508, Chicago IL 60680
Tel: 773-376-0550 Fax: 773-376-0549
|Delegation Application.pdf||42.53 KB|
|Scholarship Application.pdf||23.55 KB|
Please set aside approximately 30 minutes to fill out this application. After completing the Application, be sure to sign and e-mail the Statement of Personal Responsibility.
Christian Peacemaker Teams
P.O. Box 6508; Chicago, IL 60680; Tel: 773-376-0550; Fax: 773-376-0549
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web Site: www.cpt.org
Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) seeks to enlist the whole church in organized, nonviolent alternatives to war and places teams of trained, peacemakers in regions of lethal conflict in an effort to reduce violence.
Application for Short Term Delegation
1. Please fill out the information below to help us plan for how you can most effectively participate in an upcoming CPT delegation. You will note particular emphasis on the role of support persons for this peacemaking mission.
2. PLEASE ATTACH A LETTER or ESSAY giving us some idea of your experience or training in cross cultural work, nonviolent direct action, undoing racism, mediation, or other peacemaking activity. Include thoughts on how you plan to make use of this delegation experience in your congregation/meeting, community or region.
3. Sign the Statement of Personal Responsibility below.
4. Please attach a brief resume of your education and work experience if available.
5. CPT has limited funds available to assist applicants who otherwise couldn't participate. CPT is committed to undoing racism and will give preference to funding assistance applicants from communities which have been disadvantaged by racism. Click here to apply.
Name (as it appears on your passport): ____________________________________________________________
Tel:(h)_______________________________(w)__________________________ (c)____________________________________ Fax:________________________
e-mail:____________________________Date of Birth:____/____/____
place of issue_____________________ date of issue ______ expiration date ____________ Citizenship:_________
Health Ins. Co.:__________________________________________Policy #____________Tel:_________________
What city will you fly out of:______________________________Frequent Flyer info.:______________________
Please indicate any medical or mental health concerns, dietary restrictions or if vegetarian, and list any medications your regularly take. __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________
Your blood type__________
Gender identiy____________ . Are you currently on CPT’s mailing list? Yes ____ No ____ .
EMERGENCY CONTACT: Please fill in to assist in case of emergency. PLEASE GIVE A COPY OF YOUR SIGNED STATEMENT OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY (see below) TO THE PERSON LISTED HERE.
CONGREGATIONAL CONTACT: (Please include name of person and name of church, meeting, or other)
MEDIA SUPPORT PERSON: to distribute information to key contacts or press people in both church and secular media during the delegation, and to assist in setting up speaking engagements or media interviews upon your return.
1. Please check all that apply: I have experience, skills, or training in ___group facilitation, ___leading worship, ___writing articles or press releases, ___translation, ___organizing peace actions, ___nonviolent direct action, ___visual arts or street theater, ___decisionmaking in emergency, ___fundraising, ___photography. On this trip I plan to make/write ___photos, ___slides, ___audio tapes, ___video tapes, ___articles. ___Yes, they can be shared with others. I will also bring ___messages or letters of friendship*, ___banners*, ___prayers, ___other__________ (*check with delegation leader first)
2. Please share a copy of this form with each of your support persons in order to facilitate communicatiion.
3. Answering this item is optional: CPT seeks to include participants of diverse backgrounds on its delegations. How would you describe yourself? __ African descent, __ Asian descent, __ European descent, __ Latin American descent/Hispanic __Aboriginal/ Native American, __ Multi-racial, __ Other________________ .
STATEMENT OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
I (print name) ___________________________________________________ have voluntarily joined the Christian Peacemaker Team traveling to (place) ________________________________________ from (dates) ______________________________________.
I am aware that I am entering a situation that may be tense at the present time and that there may be danger of war or other violent conflict occurring while I am there. I understand that this is a project of nonviolent peacemaking.
I understand that I could be imprisoned, taken hostage, injured or even killed. I understand that in cases of hostage-taking or kidnapping it is CPT’s policy not to pay ransom and to reject military or violent approaches to resolving the matter. I also understand that access to health care facilities, adequate shelter and food may be difficult on occasion.
I assume and accept full responsibility for any risks of personal injury, illness, damage, imprisonment or other deprivation that may occur as a result of my participation in this program including, but not limited to, the risks described above.
I understand that Christian Peacemaker Teams and its supporting denominations (Church of the Brethren, Friends United Meeting, Mennonite Church Canada, Mennonite Church USA or any other supporting denomination or group), employees, or volunteers cannot ensure my safety or well being while on this trip.
I also hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Christian Peacemaker Teams and its supporting denominations, members, employees, directors, agents and successors from any and all liability or claims, demands rights, causes of action, whether known or unknown, brought by me or on my behalf or by my heirs, beneficiaries, executors, or assigns.
I am at least eighteen (18) years old and have read and understood the above statements.
Signed this _____________________ day of _______________________________(month), 20_______
(your signature) ____________________________________________________________
(witness #1 signature) _____________________________________________________
(witness #1 print name) ____________________________________________________
(witness #2 signature)______________________________________________________
(witness #2 print name) ____________________________________________________