On 20 January 2021, on his first day in office, President Joe Biden signed an executive order to stop construction on the US/Mexico border wall for 60 days. The deadline has now been reached.
- Rejoice that the construction has temporarily stopped.
- Pray that the deadline will be extended as government officials study the situation at the border.
- Pray that officials will permanently stop the construction and that “not another foot” of the wall will be built.
- Mourn for the destruction of God’s holy ground.
- Grieve for the disrupted migration patterns and the loss of lives of animals and people.
O God, hear our prayer.