Recipes from our Aegean Migrant Solidarity Team
eggs with zucchini
cooking time: 1 hr 15 mins
2 kg of zucchini
4 fresh onions
3 dried onions grated
1 bunch of mint
1 bunch of dill
½ bunch of parsley
300 g of grated feta cheese
150 g of Mytilene cheese
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper
- Wash and grate the zucchini. Salt them and leave them for a few hours to drain off their liquid. Squeeze the grated zucchini firmly with your hands to remove as much water as possible.
- Add all the ingredients (except the eggs and breadcrumbs) along with the zucchini and stir.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the mixture. Stir and add the breadcrumbs. Try to make the mixture as homogeneous as possible.
- Grease a baking pan and sprinkle the base with breadcrumbs. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for about an hour until it turns golden brown.