Last week, after consultation with their community, Haudenosaunee Land Defenders removed the blockades near 1492 Land Back Lane. The decision was made out of respect for the Six Nations community and surrounding communities who need the roads to access food and healthcare services.
Please pray for:
- The safety of Land Defenders at 1492 Land Back Lane, who are now more vulnerable to attacks from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)
- A change in heart of the OPP, Ontario Court of Justice, and Foxgate Developments, the company intending to build a subdivision at the site of Land Back Lane
- An end to the criminalization of Indigenous Land Defenders
- Willingness on the part of the federal government to engage in nation-to-nation dialogue with Land Defenders
- The courage to insist on the free, prior, and informed consent of Indigenous peoples within your own community