19 March 2012
Call for Expressions of Interest in and Nominations for an interim CPTnet editor
Christian Peacemaker Teams invites expressions of interest in the one year, 1https://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpg4
time, temporary position as CPTnet editor starting summer 2012 when the current
editor begins her sabbatical.
-Following the releases that teams on project locations are writing for
CPTnet. (The editor is also
encouraged to follow blogs, Facebook and Twitter accounts of individual CPTers
in the field as time allows.)
– Vetting, organizing and editing releases from teams in English (includes
communication as needed with teams for clarification.)
– Posting edited releases to CPTnet, CPT’s English language news service,
which provides news updates, reports, reflections, prayer requests and action
alerts to its readership.
– Communicating with translators and posting Spanish versions of releases to
redECAP, CPT’s Spanish language news service.
+If time allows, taking on other communication-related responsibilities.
Approximately ten hours a week, flexible location and work hours. On-call for occasional quick editing
and posting of breaking developments in the field.
Compensation: Need-based stipend and satisfaction of having participated in
important work supporting peacemakers around the world.
Contact Carol Rose, CPT Co-Director, at email@example.com
expressions of interest, and nominations no later than 2 April 2012. She will respond with application
materials. Full application
materials will be due 22 April.
Please share this message widely and pray for God’s work through this
Needed Qualities, Experience, and
· Superior facility with editing
· Commitment to, and strong ability to implement undoing oppressions in the
editorial process. (See https:https://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpghttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpgwww.franconiaconference.orghttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpgmedia-uploadshttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpgpdfhttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpgSharedVoices10-239_Download.pdf
· Ability to cut long articles into shorter, more focused, compelling pieces
· Ability to identify what is missing in a release and to seek necessary
· Ability to edit with the awareness of what elements in a release CPT’s
constituents might find offensive or baffling.
· Ability to engage with writers in the field and with members of CPT’s Support
Team in mutual, encouraging and collegial ways
· Some basic knowledge of Spanish
· Experience with basic web layout and cropping pictures
· Supportive of faith-based peacemaking
· Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; ability to communicate
with sensitivity, tact, humor and humility,
· Ability to maintaining positive relationships with people in many locations,
using a variety of communications technology.
Additional desirable qualifications:
· Knowledge and experience of CPT, including CPT’s current work on various
· Fluency in Spanish
· Enough understanding of Arabic and Kurdish to notice issues that arise with
Persons with the required experience and skills who have not yet been members
of CPT are welcome to apply. See www.cpt.org <https:https://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpghttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpgwww.cpt.orghttps://cpt.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0316-2.jpg
CPT is engaged in an organization-wide process of transformation to undo racism
and other oppressions and is working towards more truly reflecting the strong
diversity of God’s creation. Members of aboriginal or racialized groups
are encouraged to apply.
Read More Stories
Resistance knows no borders, as Kurdish CPT member Runak Radha joins the struggles of CPT Colombia’s women’s movements for the International Day to Eliminate Violence Against Women on 25 November
Help us share these testimonies to prevent the neglect of the State from silencing the voices of farming communities.
The beautiful thing about love is that it will free us all.